The Career Connect Youth Ambassadors programme is a 12-month programme where we’re looking for 12 young people to work alongside the charity. Our Youth Ambassadors will be a central group helping to support the development of our services and ensure that young people’s voices and opinions are at the heart of everything we do.
What are the roles of the Youth Ambassadors?
As a Youth Ambassador, you will:
- Be a champion for other young people
- Advocate for Career Connect and our services
- Give honest feedback on services, staff and events offered by Career Connect
- Make suggestions to Career Connect policymakers about how we can improve our services to young people
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing and induction of staff – this will include interviewing new members of staff and explaining youth voice to new starters
- Tell us about problems young people currently face
- Run and participate in focus groups
- Conduct ‘mystery shopper’ activities
- Assist in the creation of social media content
- Offer support for other young people
- Form a friendly community of ambassadors who work together
- Attend monthly meetings with the Youth Voice Coordinator
To become a Youth Ambassador, you must:
- Be aged 16-24
- Have accessed or be accessing a Career Connect service
- Be passionate about Youth Voice and representing other young people
- Be willing to help others
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and dependable
- Be able to confidently voice your opinions and ideas
The benefits of becoming one of our Youth Ambassadors?
- Training, skills sessions, and upskilling workshops such a public speaking and interviewing skills. This training can be requested by the ambassadors
- Certificate of participation
- Experience to enhance your CV & applications
- Merchandise, including a Youth Ambassador T-shirt
- Have your voices heard by Career Connect policymakers
- Use your voice to make a difference to young people
- Monthly meetings with our Youth Voice Co-ordinator to get advice and guidance on careers
- An online forum for Youth Ambassadors and the Youth Voice Coordinator to get careers advice and share helpful tips
- Connect with young people from across the Northwest
- Freebies for larger tasks (e.g. vouchers and food/drinks)
- Representation on social media (e.g. an online bio, plus videos and pictures of you helping the charity)
- Networking opportunities with members of the charity and other local organisations
- A reference from the Youth Voice Co-Ordinator for job, college or university applications
How to Apply
If you think you’re up to the role, complete the Youth Ambassador Application and Ambassador Contract.
Click the link to complete the online application or print off your own hard copy to complete by hand and send back.
Return your completed application and signed contract to Evie Chambers via [email protected] or by post to: Chloe Elliott, Career Connect, 7th Floor Walker House, Exchange Flags, Liverpool, L2 3YL.
The deadline to apply is 23.59pm on Monday 10 October 2022.
For more information, please read our Youth Ambassador information pack via the link below.
If you need help or support with the application, please contact your Career Connect adviser or contact Evie Chambers via email: [email protected] or Tel: 07435 996 795.