25–29-year-olds in Wirral who are not currently in education, employment or training can access free guidance and support from specialist advisers.
People in this age group looking to get back into work, retrain or explore training and education opportunities can access personalised support from Career Connect’s Wirral Ways To Work advisers.
Commissioned by Wirral Borough Council with funding through ESF and supported by the Youth Employment Initiative Fund, the Wirral Ways to Work team can offer face-to-face, telephone or online professional careers guidance, which includes:
- Advice on how to present your skills and understand what you have to offer
- Support completing application forms and covering letters
- Interview skills
- FREE access to an award winning, online careers platform featuring AI interview simulation software, CV builder, career assessment tools, job search engine and e-Learning hub to develop job search skills
- Support in removing barriers to success and increasing your confidence
- Advice on understanding recruitment, selection and targeting when looking for opportunities
- Improving networking skills
- Access to the latest vacancies and advice on trends in the labour/job market
- Developing a personalised action plan with ongoing support to help you achieve your goals
To access the free service, participants need to be between 25-29 or 16-24, live in Wirral, be able to work in the UK and must not already be in education, employment or training.
Participants will also need to provide some identification documents – please contact the Wirral Ways to Work team if you have any questions on eligibility.
Emma Bird, Team Leader at Career Connect said: “Careers advice and guidance is not just for school leavers – although we do also offer that at Career Connect.
“You may be in your mid-to-late 20s, unsure how to get into work or return to the workplace, or looking for training, but you’re not sure where to start. That’s where we can help. It can be daunting looking for work or education opportunities for the first time or after a gap, but our specialist advisers are trained to help you build your confidence and get you ready for new opportunities.
“We will go at your pace and focus on the areas where you feel you need the most support first. If you want to start by building your confidence and need help to overcome barriers to work or education, we can also help with that.
“We can advise on online interviews – which are more common now – writing a CV and completing application forms and covering letters. Participants will also get access to our award-winning online platform which offers CV analysis, hundreds of useful videos and cutting-edge AI technology to help you practise for interviews in your own time.”
To find out more contact:
Call: 0151 556 2620